Volunteering is a great way to experience Shift/Enter!
We are particularly looking for volunteers for the following tasks on February 22nd:
Technical Skill Set:
- Review Resumes:
- The Resume Clinic is intended to be a one-on-one quick resume review. Candidates will bring a printed copy of their resume and talk with a resume specialist for approximately 25 minutes on ways to improve their resume. If you’ve got experience reviewing resumes and are willing to help, we’d love to hear from you!
- Mock Interviewer:
- We’re looking for experienced interviewers to help with this, too! Mock interviews are expected to take about 25 minutes each. We recommend that you interview for 15-20 minutes and give feedback for 5-10. This gives each station approximately 5-minute breaks between candidates. Timekeepers will give you a 10 minute and a 5-minute warning. There is a morning block and an afternoon block – sign up for either, or both!
- Whiteboard facilitator:
- We’ll have ‘work at your own’ pace whiteboarding in one area. We’d like someone to be available to coach attendees through the process of solving a whiteboard challenge, as needed
- Whether you’re a pro or a hobbyist, we’re always looking for great photographers to document the event!
General Skill Set:
- Arrive early to help arrange chairs, put up signs, and assist with other related tasks.
- Check tickets and sign in participants.
- We’ll need timekeeping volunteers to help keep the mock interviews running on time all day long. Shifts are flexible, but we’re thinking it’d be good to have two folks at this spot at any time. Facilitators would need to be warned with 10, 5, and 0 minutes left in a block.
- Whiteboard watcher:
- We’ll have ‘work at your own’ pace whiteboarding in one area. We’d like someone to help keep an eye on this space, clean whiteboards, and sort problem slips.
- We’ll be providing lunch and coffee at various points throughout the day, so we’ll need some help feeding people. You will feel very appreciated, we’re sure.
- Clean up:
- Stay a little late to help us leave the venue as we found it!
All volunteers will receive free access to the event.